Available Monday to Friday, 10.00am - 4:30pm.
Self-guiding groups are also welcome in the Gallery. Students must be supervised by adults/teachers at all times. A brief introduction to the Gallery collection and expected student behaviour is provided by Learning Facilitators. Please limit group size to 15 students per adult.
HeadHunt! is an awesome new interactive learning resource designed to engage students through comparing and contrasting portraits over time, and working together to create a descriptive report on iPads. It involves writing, photography and recording activities, specifically designed for students in Years 5 to 8 and ESL students.
- Evaluation of artistic conventions of portraiture
- Conceptual understanding and critical thinking about art, artists and society
- Interpretation of how portraits and associated wall texts relate to biography, culture and identity
- Collaboration through discussion of selected portraits, increasing communication skills
- Creative expression through the sharing of ideas, generation of text, audio and image taking
Content Descriptions, English: