Circle of Friends
Support your Portrait Gallery
Enjoy the benefits of belonging to this vibrant, creative institution.
Gain access to:
- members-only exhibition viewings
- exhibition launches and gala openings
- special events such as members’ dinners and lunches with prominent speakers; lectures; workshops; and bus trips
- discounted tickets for all exhibitions, lectures and workshops
- our beautiful quarterly Portrait magazine and calendar of events
- e-news updates and special offers like discounted movie tickets
- a 10% discount on all your purchases at the shop and café
- invitations to travelling exhibitions in your area
Enter the Circle of Friends
- join the Circle of Friends online
- print and complete the PDF membership form and post it to us
- visit the Gallery in person and provide your details at the Information Desk
Renew your Circle of Friends membership
You can renew your Membership online, over the phone or in person at the Gallery.
To renew online:
- Log into your online account or click here to set a password if you have not previously done so. If you have trouble accessing your account, please contact us on +61 2 6102 7022.
- Select the Membership level that you would like to renew and confirm your details.
- Double check your cart and proceed to checkout.
- Once processed, you will receive your new Membership card in the post within 3 weeks.
Over the phone:
- +61 2 6102 7022
- Our phone lines are open 9am–5pm daily.
- Visit the Gallery in person and provide your details at the Information Desk.
- The National Portrait Gallery is open 10am–5pm daily.
Know someone with a penchant for portraiture? A gift membership to our Circle of Friends makes an ideal gift.
Contribute to collection development
Friends, you are the Gallery’s bedrock. We love your persistent energy, and we are ever grateful for the tangible contribution you make to collection development through the Circle of Friends Acquisition Fund.
Jody Barnett is our Circle of Friends Coordinator. Be in touch:
Telephone: 02 6102 7022